The First Amendment Coalition is an award-winning, nonprofit public interest organization dedicated to advancing free speech, more open and accountable government, and public participation in civic affairs.
Their activities include:
- free one-on-one legal consultations for journalists, activists, academics and ordinary individuals frustrated in the exercise of their First Amendment rights;
- a uniquely successful program of strategic litigation to enhance First Amendment rights for the largest number of citizens;
- educational and informational programs offered online, in books, and in conferences;
- legislative oversight of bills affecting access to government; and
- public advocacy through writings of Op-Eds and public speaking.